Grant applications for organisations will open on 4 June and close on 30 July 2019 (deadline extended!)
Can we help you with a small donation towards your event or activity for Mental Health Week 2019?
The Western Australian Association for Mental Health (WAAMH) organises Mental Health Week in WA, and can provide funds to help you hold your own community event during the week (6-12 October 2019). We hope this will provide you with additional support to recognise and celebrate Mental Health Week in your local communities.
How much can I apply for?
We have grants available up to $1,000 for you to help plan an event, activity or project in your local community which supports the goals of Mental Health Week. This money can be used to supplement some of your budgeted costs or to get your event off the ground.
- Organisations must have an ABN, be a not-for-profit, charitable benevolent or community-based undertaking the project / event in WA.
- The planned activity must clearly tie in with the theme for Mental Health Week 2019 and promote positive mental health in the community.
- Activities or projects targeting disadvantaged, remote or rural, vulnerable, isolated or culturally diverse demographics will be viewed favorably.
- Applications featuring diversified income streams / in-kind support will be considered favourably.
- If successful, payment will only be made upon the receipt of an invoice.
What do the judges look for?
We welcome applications that are creative and innovative, and where we can identify community involvement and promotion of the 2019 Mental Health Week theme. It's all about community and the various settings we go to every day where we can support wellbeing of others:
'Mental health starts where we live, learn, work and play'
How do I apply?
Completed the application form found on this page and coming soon before 4:00pm 30 July 2019. The earlier, the better!
When will I know if I'm successful?
Your application will be assessed immediately and you will be notified as soon as possible, but no later than 30 September 2019. Monies will be dispersed upon approval and presentation of a recipient-created invoice.
Please contact Shendelle Oliver at WAAMH on (08) 6246 3000 or email [email protected]
Complete your grant application below: