Applications for grants towards your Mental Health Week community event will be available soon.
Every year, the Western Australian Association for Mental Health provides grants to community organisations in remote and regional areas of WA to host their own events and activities to ensure mental health messages are spread far and wide.
You can apply for funding to support your event or activity during Mental Health Week 2017 - more details coming soon!
Successful Mental Health Week grant applications in 2016 went to:
1. headspace Albany - Mad Hatter Tea Party
2. City of Gosnells - Act Belong Commit Wellness & Creativity Weekender
3. Boyup Brook Community Resource Centre Inc - Community Family Fair
4. South West Aboriginal Medical Service - Spring Into Mental Health
5. Headspace Bunbury - Less is More
6. GP down south - Mental Health Week Sausage Sizzle in the Park
7. Denmark Riverside Club Swapping Skills - Try-Everything-You-Possibly-Can, Commit to at least one activity, & Join one club
8. Dowerin Community Resource Centre - "Pretty in Pink HI! Tea"
9. Drug and Alcohol Youth Services: Mission Australia - Girls "Day" Out
10. Gnowangerup Community Resource Centre - Mental Health Movie Afternoon
11. Kalgoorlie Boulder Community High School - Mental Health Week at KBCHS
12. OzHelp Foundation - BBQ & Banter: Celebrating Mental Health Week in Karratha
13. Kondinin Community Resource Centre - Seniors Movie Afternoon and Family Movie Night
14. Shire of Manjimup - Challenge yourself
15. Merredin Community Resource Centre - Bloke, Brekkie & Bonding
16. Shire of Narembeen - 'One Step at a Time'
17. Avon Youth Community & Family Services Inc - Turn Up in Blue Day
18. Pingelly Community Resource Centre - Pingelly Happy Hour Yoga and Mindfulness & Wagin Happy Hour Yoga and Mindfulness
19. Silverchain - Silverchain Beach Bash
20. Ngaarda Media Aboriginal Corporation - "1 hour dedicated live show" for mental health week highlighting all local events
21. Youth Involvement Council - Mental Health Week Skate Park Rave in South Hedland
22. Shire of Ashburton - Active Brunch for Mental Health Month
23. West Arthur Community Resource Centre - Act-Belong-Commit:Mental Health Week 2016
24. Shire of Wongan-Ballidu - Have a Ball!
With thanks to the WA Primary Health Alliance and Lotterywest.