In 2015, WAAMH is using Mentally Healthy WA's Act-Belong-Commit message as the official theme for Mental Health Week.
Being active, having a sense of belonging and purpose in life all contribute to to happiness and good mental health.
You can incorporate this year’s theme ‘Act-Belong-Commit’ within your event in a number of different ways. Here are some ideas:
- If you are holding a dance, drama, photography or other creative-type events, ask participants to express through their chosen medium how they Act-Belong-Commit to stay mentally healthy in their everyday lives. e.g. paint their interpretation.
- Use the Act-Belong-Commit logo on your event posters, flyers, website and social media. Download the logo here.
- Use this Mental Heath Week poster template and insert details about your own local event you're hosting in your community.
- Ask your MC/presenter to incorporate the message into their speech AND/OR read out some Act-Belong-Commit key messages at your event. For example: “Keeping mentally healthy is just as important as staying physically healthy, and it’s as easy Act-Belong-Commit” AND “Being active, having a sense of belonging, and having a purpose in life all contribute to happiness and good mental health and wellbeing."
- Display Act-Belong-Commit signage at your event (signage may run out closer to October, so please contact the Act-Belong-Commit team ASAP to reserve a sign).
- Host an Act-Belong-Commit competition! It can be something simple like asking people to write down ‘three ways they Act, Belong and Commit to stay mentally healthy’, then using Mental Health Week merchandise as a prize. A template for this competition can be found here.
- Quiz the audience or participants to answer and call-out ways that they Act-Belong-Commit in their everyday lives and provide Mental Health Week merchandise as a prize to each individual.
The Act-Belong-Commit guidelines for positive mental health provide a simple approach we can adopt to become mentally healthy.
For more information on any of the points above or to discuss other ideas please contact the Act-Belong-Commit team on email@example.com or (08) 9266 4648 or go to actbelongcommit.org.au